Friday, March 10, 2017

How-to: Distressed Dresser

I have had this dresser in my room for over a year. It was second hand and in pretty good condition, but it was this ugly light wood color. I forgot to take a before picture...oops.
Anyway, I finally decided to move it to the garage and refinish it.
First I sanded it to get the old finish off. Then I painted it white. I used two coats. Here it is-so fresh and clean looking!


I did the same thing with the drawers.

Now for distressing. I used sandpaper (100 grit) to sand all the surfaces. Here are some pictures.



I did the same thing with the drawers.

Then I took it outside and used a satin finish spray to protect it (without giving it a shine). I used two coats.
Here it is, all painted and finished!


Oh, wait. I need some knobs. I got those unfinished wood ones from Lowes and painted them to match some of the colors in my room.

Look, it even matches my blanket! :)

I'm so glad I finally got this project done!


1 comment:

  1. Your dresser looks lovely! I really like the distressing effect against the white paint. So pretty. :)

    ~Lizzy

    ReplyDelete