Recent Adventures

Hi there!
School has been out for about three weeks now. I'm already exhausted from the busy summer, and we still have a month and a half to go! 😖



What I’ve been doing… 
We had our annual church father-kid camping trip on June 2-4. It was a time to hang out at the beach with friends. My favorite part is helping in the kitchen.


Next was Summer Camp!
  It was from June 7-11. We learned lots of things about God, enjoyed fellowship, and played fun games. We went on a hike (difficult but fun) and held our own electrical parade ( SO MUCH FUN!). My favorite God moment would have to be just sitting one morning and letting him quiet my soul. My favorite lesson was the last night. The speaker talked about what makes someone truly great. He quoted the scripture where Jesus said that the greatest are the ones who have a childlike faith. He also said that nothing we do makes us great, it is God's love and forgiveness that makes us great. He pointed out that we are all wandering sinners who need God's love; no one is better than anyone else. 

That's me and some friends enjoying summer camp! :)


Then, last Wednesday, I stayed up till 1:30 AM talking with friends.We talked about camp and other stuff and ate s'mores. 

Finally, I've been

filling out an application to take dual-credit classes at a local christian college. I got the initial stuff submitted, but I haven't heard anything yet. 



What I’ve been thinking… 

I have had several times lately that it has dawned on me that I'm going into my junior year of high school, which means that I only have two years of youth group left...and that I need to actually start thinking realistically about my future. 

So, the things I've been thinking about include...
 
College

Missions

a job
what I want to study

I also am thinking about more immediate things...
 
What kind of camera to buy
How to stay cool this summer
what to study in my junior year
what I want to talk about when I share with our youth group in July






Coming next….

1. VBS: Operation Arctic. I'm in the music station, which means that I will be on my feet dancing and leading hand motions all day for five days straight. 

2. Youth group service projects. Our youth group has planned three service projects for this summer. I'm super excited! 

3. Another camp...I'll be going to babysit kids for an entire week! :) 

4. Attempting to sleep. I've been going to bed around 10:30 or 11:00, but I need more sleep than that! 



That's all for now!!! 
Thanks for reading! :)   

Comments