What I've Been Up To (July)

Howdy!
It's me again.

I feel like July has been a crazy busy month, but when I look back, I realize that I'm exhausted because I've been doing the same things over and over and over.



Here is what I've been up to this month.

Working...on finishing two school subjects- Geometry and Spanish 1.
Applying...to take a dual-credit biology class at the Christian College in town.
Exercising...at the gym and with Karate. I've tried swimming, the treadmill (ouch), the elliptical machine, the stair climber, and the bicycle machine.
 Studying...for my green belt test in August.
Attending... Forest Home as a CCA (child care assistant). I babysat a little boy (22 months old) named Harvey. He was adorable. During the day, I worked with the 7/8 year old day camp, attended my own camp sessions, played games with the other CCAs, and enjoyed a little bit of free time taking pictures. Then at night, I babysat Harvey so that his parents could go to their session and have some time to hang out.
Serving...at children's hunger fund with my youth group. We sorted through donations of cleaning supplies and hygiene items and food. It was fun to serve with other teenagers.
Visiting...downtown with a group from church. We saw a Taoist temple and learned about that religion and culture.
Contemplating...being a student leader again next year.
Thinking...about what it means to live in the world but not be of the world.
Finishing...and adorable sock monkey for a friend's new baby.
Cleaning...my room. I tried to finish a deep clean by the end of the month...but I failed. So my new goal is the end of August. :)
Practicing...piano. I'm working on memorizing a nocturne. I'm also working on a duet to be played with a friend.
Preparing...for school to start again. I'm excited and ready to go.
Making...a wish list of books to get on my kindle!
Enjoying...time with my family and friends, as well as any chance I can get to use my camera!
Wishing...I was at the beach or in Oregon with my extended family...I want to escape the heat!
Gathering...supplies for our emergency kit. It was a summer project that mom assigned, and I decided to work on it the other day. I gathered a bunch of phone numbers for the contact sheet.
Spending...lots of time at the beach...and wishing I could be there more :)


I think that covers all the stuff I've been doing lately.

Now for my goals for the next month.

1. AWANA starts at our church in a couple weeks. I'm being T&T secretary again this year, and I want to get everything in place to be ready to start BEFORE it actually starts!
2. Finish Spanish 1 before school starts.
3. Memorize my Grieg nocturne.
4. Deep clean my room.
5. Make a decision about student leadership.
6. Start School! :)

Keep scrolling for pictures!

Trip downtown

Spent plenty of time at the beach this month



The creek at camp

The view on a hike at camp



With my friend at camp






Comments

  1. Whew! No wonder we were exhausted this summer!!! (Sorry, just catching up on your blog now.) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment