Tanzania Week Six and Seven in Photos

Hey Everyone!
Here are the final two weeks of pictures from my trip!

Tanzania Travel Journal Week 6 and 7

Week 6:
Sunday evening we watched the FIFA World Cup Final game with some friends.
Monday and Tuesday the four interns went on a safari. We spent the night in a hotel near the game park and drove back Tuesday morning.
Wednesday morning I baked banana bread and in the evening we had a birthday party for Tyler.
Wednesday night after the party, a couple of us got sick. Three of the interns (myself included) spent most of Thursday sick.
On Friday I went across town to hang out with some other friends of mine, the Medinas. I had lunch, got to see their school, and played games.
Then we had our final week of Friday Club!
On Saturday we went to the beach with a group of teens. We played games, ate lunch, discussed Ephesians 2, and had a mud war.

Week 7:
Sunday afternoon we flew out to Zanzibar for our team debrief.
Monday we went to Prison Island, Zanzibar and took pictures, debriefed (round one), and saw the giant tortoises.
Tuesday afternoon we flew back from Zanzibar.
Wednesday night we started our 21 hour flight back to Minneapolis, arriving Thursday afternoon to rainy, cool weather.
Friday was a full day of debrief in Minneapolis, and Saturday evening I flew out of Minneapolis and headed home! The following day started a whole roller coaster of re-entry emotions. I'm planning to write another post about that process later on.

Keep scrolling for pictures!

Let's go Croatia! World Cup Game

Safari picture

My friends the Medians! 


Playing games at the beach

The results of the mud war...I needed
a shower!


The giant tortoise 

Zanzibar = paradise 

That brings my trip to a close! I hope you have enjoyed seeing the pictures. :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like the mission was a success! Sorry I missed your debrief night; I was really looking forward to hearing about the trip. Maybe at Life Group sometime...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment