Thanksgiving Challenge

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

This week I created a Thanksgiving challenge for myself. 

It has three parts.

1. Wake up Thankful
When I wake up, I have to think of at least one thing to be thankful for, right away. Before anything else, I'm determined to practice gratitude and get my heart in the right place for the day.

2. Count Your Blessings
I found this part in a Thanksgiving journal prompt. I've laid out several pages in my journal to list 10 things each day this week that I'm thankful for. These can be past or present, things, people, or events. Ten blessings each day for seven days...seventy blessings by the end of the week.

3. Go to Bed Thankful
Right before going to bed, I have to think of (and write down) one thing that I'm thankful for from that day. Then I take time to pray, thanking God for that thing and asking him to help me to cultivate an attitude of gratitude.

Why do a Thanksgiving challenge?
Complaining is really easy. It is super easy to find things to complain about. But complaining is not a godly attitude. The Bible is clear that the opposite of complaining is Thanksgiving. So this challenge is helping me focus on the blessings the Lord has given me.

BUT, my goal is to keep going after thanksgiving. I want to have an attitude of gratitude every day for the entire year. So I'm on the lookout for a cute journal to be my gratitude journal for 2019. I plan to take the "Count Your Blessings" part of this challenge and do it every single day for 2019. (More on this next month when I post my 2019 Goals) 

Because gratitude shouldn't be saved for one month or one week of the year. Gratitude is a choice that I want to make each and every day. 

What about you? Will you take the challenge? It's not to late...join in for the rest of the week!

Comments