I Did it!

I know its been a while since I wrote something on my blog. But, I graduated high school this past week, and I hope to have a bit more time to write over the summer.

Yep, all those years of hard work paid off. I graduated on Sunday, in a small ceremony for a class of one in our living room. Sometimes homeschoolers can we quirky. :) 37 people crammed into the living room for the ceremony, where I presented four short piano pieces, read a psalm, and received my diploma, along with a mini speech from my dad (AKA, the principal). 





And now, onto the next chapter of my life. But before I turn the page officially, I want to pause and reflect for a moment on the many things I have learned and the goodness of God over the past four years. 

Academically:

I learned how to solve equations, plot points on graphs, prove triangles, and identify the quadratic formula. I learned to write all kinds of essays and research papers. I learned about U.S. and ancient history. I learned to balance chemical equations, dissect a pig, and think about science through a biblical lens. I memorized (almost) the entire book of Colossians. I researched several careers and decided that choosing a career is hard (if not impossible). I competed in a piano competition and got one of the winning seats, competed in a karate tournament (and did not get a winning spot), and took college level Spanish for two semesters.

Spiritually:
I got baptized going into my 10th grade year, went on a trip overseas last summer, and continued to serve in our local church. God taught me a lot about trusting him...but I've written about that before.

Personally:
In my personal life, I got a job, got my driver's licence, and made many new friends. :)

Now, moving on...the next chapter. Time to turn the page and begin life as an adult....even though I don't feel like an adult.

I finally picked my college. I'll be going part time to the local community college, trying to get my gen eds done. I haven't picked a major, although I'm leaning heavily towards an AA in Liberal Arts with my emphasis possibly in science and mathematics, to go on to get a degree in Nutrition and Dietics. I'll also be attending a small Bible College part time. It's called Eternity Bible College, and it's not too far from my house. I'll be taking Bible classes there and working to complete my one-year Global Missions Certificate in two years.

If all goes according to my plan (are we taking votes?), I will be done with my AA at community college and the one year Global Missions Certificate in two years. At that point, I will be ready for one of two things....leaving for the mission field full time, or moving on to more school to get my Bachelor's degree.

For now, I'll still be working at Chick-fil-a and living at home, serving in our church, etc. It's bound to be a crazy two years.

And who knows, God may have different plans for me! I'm always eager to see what he has in store!



Got my driver's license 

Started a real job...chick-fil-a!


Thank you to my friend Christine
for taking my senior pictures!


Comments