Joy Included

I saw a billboard today that prompted me to share something I've been thinking about.
I saw this billboard twice. It's a McDonalds McCafe advertisement. On it, they proudly display small coffee beverages for $2 and any size soft drinks for only $1. The thing that got me was the words written off to the side: "JOY INCLUDED."

Really? Joy? 

Stop and think rationally. Can you really get any joy from buying a $1 soft drink or $2 caramel latte?

No! That's ridiculous!

Yet we often try to find joy in things that are just as silly.

I've been reading through the Psalms recently, and the one I've been coming back to again and again is Psalm 16. Verse 8 says: "You make known to me the paths of life, in your presence there is fullness of joy, at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

The only place to find real joy is in the presence of God.

This is something I'm learning. People, classes, a job, food, clothing, even a nap can't bring you joy. Only time spent in prayer and reading the word will bring you true, lasting, deep joy.

When you deepen your relationship with Him, you really have JOY INCLUDED.
Photo by Preslie Hirsch on Unsplash

Comments

  1. My thoughts exactly; that's what God's been teaching me too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment