An Open Letter to Those Who Have Influenced Me

You know who you are.
At least, I hope you do. My sunday school teachers, in particular, my 3rd-6th grade sunday school teachers. My parents. My youth leaders. My pastors. My friends.
Thank you for all you have done, for all the ways you have influenced me.

Because of you, I am walking with the Lord, seeking to serve him with my life. Because of you, I know how to study the Bible. Because of you, I am interested in full-time missions. Because of you, I have been grown and stretched. I've led a children's musical (two, actually) because you said yes. Because you supported me along every step. I've begun to learn how to be a leader. I've begun to learn how to make a difference for Jesus. Because of your example and your input into my life, I am who I am today. Because of your prayers, I sit here writing this letter.

Thank you. Words can't express my gratitude for the influence you have had in my life. Words can't express the emotion I feel when I think about where I am today and all the people that have helped to shape me and guide me.

This is an open letter becuase I could never remember all of you. But, more than likely, if you are reading this, you have influenced me in some way, great or small. And, in reality, they were all great ways. Even if it seemed small, believe me, your input, your influence has meant the world to me.

I have an army behind me. People who have prayed for me, have walked alongside me, have hugged me, have talked with me, have taught me, have led by example...

I could say thank you a billion times and it would not express fully the gratitude I feel. The only thing I can do is to thank the Lord for you and ask his blessing to be poured back out on you in the years to come.

For you have certainly blessed me with your love, and for that I am beyond grateful.

With Love,
from Me.

Photo by Mike Scheid on Unsplash

Comments

  1. Good thank you letter!! Looking forward to great things HE desires to do through you.
    ~=0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment