Thankful for...my Brother

This holiday season, I am so thankful for so much. I could write a list a mile long of blessings to praise the Lord for...but in this post, I'm going to write about one specific blessing in my life....my brother, Micah.


I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming. I'm thankful for the way he seeks after God, his care for others, his servant's heart. I'm thankful for the deep conversations we can have together. I'm thankful for his humor. I'm thankful for the way he perseveres in the face of difficulty. I'm thankful for his work ethic. I'm thankful for study time together. I'm thankful for his competive spirit that makes me want to do better.





Every year we put up a thanksgiving wreath in our home. On pieces of paper shaped like leaves, everyone writes things they are thankful for throughout the month. A few, written in Micah's handwriting, almost brought me to tears as I read them. They show his heart for God and his heart for others.

"I'm thankful that God protected my friends at Saugus."
"I'm thankful for the way the wind shows God's power."

He can be extremely silly...but he has a deeply serious side too. He cares. He feels emotions deeply, even if he doesn't always show it. He desires to love others well. He wants to grow closer to God. He has such a heart of service.

And I'm so very thankful that he got hired at Chick-fil-a with me. Now we can work together too...I'm beyong excited for him to start.



I'm so very, very thankful that he is my brother. He is such a blessing from God. I'm excited to see how God continues to work in his life and make him into the young man He wants Micah to be.

I love you Micah.


Comments

  1. Hear, hear! I'm getting to appreciate his friendship more and more, especially at college, where no one else believes what he and I do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment